Thursday 10 December 2009

Vehicles and Animals by Athlete


I've had this on whilst working this morning. Haven't heard it in it's entirety for a couple of years. I'm glad I dug it out again.

Vehicles and Animals was Athlete's first album. The best track is the title track, if you haven't heard this album before, I highly recommend this. I know this album song for song and note for note.

I takes me back to 2002/2003, I'd just sold my business and went on a nice long holiday. It also reminds me of Chelmsford in Essex for some reason. Maybe because I bought the CD in the HMV in the precinct there. I remember I loved this whole album so much I bought it for my sister as a Christmas present. I also gave copies of it to some people at work. I remember I was a real Athlete evangelist for a while.

If I gave copies to people at work then it must have meant that after my holiday I must have gone back to working for someone else again. The Chelmsford memories must be the Publishing Company I worked at for a while.

It's a happy time, and a happy album about more innocent times. I think the most powerful feeling this album evokes in me is relief. Relief that I sold my business finally and it was time to start a new chapter.

I'm almost certain I downloaded a couple of tracks off this album as MP3s before I bought it. I think I must have been going through my early peer to peer downloading. I'm sure I was still on a dial up in those days.

Final thoughts, warm, happy, sunny and driving up the A12 listening to this. Actually I remember now that I had a CD player in the car at the time. Great Album, all the way through. Hope you enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment