Wednesday 9 December 2009

Doctor Adamski's Musical Pharmacy by Adamski


This is an amazing album. Definately in my top 10 best albums of all time. It was bought in either 1990 or 1991. I still listen to this CD on a regular basic. Adamski was a electronic music pioneer and discovered Seal. Top tune 'Killer'
This CD always makes me feel optimistic and positive. The era was early work and fresh out of education. Bit of cash in my pocket, my own car and a season ticket to the City of London in a suit.
I was working for an international banking group on Leadenhall Street and paying a third of my wages on my train fare and the rest of my wages to my mum and keeping my Y reg XR2 on the road.
This album triggers memories of the 'Train Club'. The same group of people who caught the same train at the same time everyday during the week. Same seats every morning. I remember watching the 'one off' travellers' sitting in a 'Train Clubbers' seat and the dagger looks from some of the older commuters.
This CD would have been taped onto a C90 cassette and I would have caned it to death on the train commute for months. I used to travel up with an old school friend and I remember we would swap tapes on the way home. This album also reminds me of Depeche Mode and Erasure because that's what my mate had on his cassettes. This is the reason why I love Depeche Mode and Erasure but don't actually own any of it in CD form.
A happy time, positive, new starts, left school, looking forward to the rest of my working life. This is a really great album in my eyes. Doesn't sound dated, if you love electronic music Adamski is the the Granddaddy.
My favorite track is N.R.G Symphony in F minor. The BPM's are a little slower than current dance music but it is truly a classic must have album.

No comments:

Post a Comment