Tuesday 8 December 2009

Aim - 'Hinterland'


I pulled out 'Hinterland' by Aim earlier. This was circa 2003 I reckon.

This is a chilled out downtempo beats type of CD. I first heard this album at my DJ mates house during an after-party with people sitting around chatting after clubbing in London. This was a Pre children but Post wedding period of our lives.

I can see a load of people sat in a lounge, bottles of Jack Daniels and ashtrays full. The atmosphere is thick with smoke and this album is playing gently from 2 Bowers and Wilkins club speakers that are definitely much too large for the room.

I'm also getting the feeling that I was getting too old to be sitting around talking shit to people until sunrise. There is some sadness felt when I heard this again today. It was like a 'time to move on ' feeling. I remember the room was full of young female hairdressers smoking and I was actually really bored with the conversations and goings on. This was also during the time when copying CDs on a PC was easy, as was colour printing on a home scanner. Instead of buying this CD, I remember my mate whizzing me off a disc and copying the cover and popping it in a jewel case for me before I let the house in a cab.

Slightly wonky and hazy time. Best track on the album is 'The Girl who Fell Through the Ice'. It's a good album but I don't really listen to it much these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment