Saturday 19 December 2009

Anastacia - Not That Kind CD Rediscovered and sledging in 2nd day snow.


Let me set the scene. It's warm and toasty indoors, it's been snowing outside for a couple of days. The kids went sledging yesterday with their mum when I was at work. The snow was lovely, soft and clean and fresh. The kids loved it. Today the snow is icy, dirty and horrible. As soon as we got to the hilly field they started to moan about being cold. So I had a couple of goes on my own and then trudged home. There's no longevity with snow in the UK is there?

After lunch, my son had a little nap and my daughter wanted to make Christmas cards. I decided to give her a little musical education and pulled the next CD off my top shelf. I was hoping for something really cool I hadn't listened to in a while. A rediscovery of a hidden treasure like the Adam F 'Kaos' CD of earlier in the week. Imagine my delight when I pulled Anastacia 'Not That kind'.

I do remember this album vaguely, there's all her big hits like 'I'm Outta Love' , 'Not my Kind', 'Cowboys and Kisses'. This is playing now for the 2nd time. She's got a voice that you've got to be in a certain kind of mood for. Like Duffy or that bloody Macy Gray.

It's an okay album. I remember thinking the first time I saw her that she looked like one of the Appleton sisters from All Saints. I didn't and wouldn't have bought this album. I can only assume it belongs to the wife. If you like powerful female voices with large cheesy american production numbers, you'll enjoy this. I've made myself ( and my daughter ) listen to this twice this afternoon.

Time to press eject and hide Anastacia away again for a few years. Life's too short to listen to this too much. See ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment