Thursday 17 December 2009

Feel Robbie Williams Single and memories of Knebworth




I was on Twitter tonight and saw a post from helen_b who tweeted listening to Feel by Robbie Williams.

I put it on, I love this track. It reminds me of the era of early married life, having our own business and the summertime. Robbie was doing the Knebworth gigs and I managed to get 4 tickets. My mate and his girlfriend and me and my wife went to the gig on the Saturday night. My mate worked for Volkswagen at the time and was allowed to borrow any car at the weekends. He turned up to collect us in a Silver Beetle Cabriolet and we went to the concert in style. Hood down, beautiful Saturday afternoon, smoking cigarettes and listening to Robbie CDs driving the back roads of Hertfordshire.

We got to Knebworth, parked up and walked onto the Concert site. The site was so huge, we couldn't see the stage but had an excellent view of one of the screens. We had to queue up for everything, toilet, food, drinks, drinks tokens. I'm a man who enjoys comfort and hates being bounced about in crowds.

When Robbie came on, all was forgiven. He was amazing and when he sang 'Feel' I cried. When he finished, 100000 people piled out. I watched a moving mass of humans as far as the eye could see just moving towards the car parking fields. An amazing sight. A bit like Millennium Night in London. Like a mass exodus of biblical proportions.

I love this song. The best Robbie song in my humble opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment