Wednesday 16 December 2009

Naughty - Adamksi in about 1992/1993


The name of the album sums up the era in one word for me. NAUGHTY. I bought this in either 1992 or 1993. I'd left working in the City and went local. Because my job was in the next big town I decided to buy my first bachelor pad in that big town. It saved kipping on people's floors after nights out after work. I must been 21 or 22 when I bought this CD and the same age when I bought my first house.

I went out and ordered a double bed for my bedroom and I remember my Mum asking me why I had a double bed in my room. I couldn't answer that question really. Not to my mum.

Leaving home and buying my own house was an amazing feeling. Especially when having my own house meant I could do what I absolutely wanted! I was very naughty during this era. Far too naughty to write about on this blog.

Naughty is Adamski's 2nd Album, I think. There have been more but this was the last one I bought. I'm pretty sure it came from MVC in town. I'm not sure if they were a national chain. Music Video Club. You joined, got a card and then got a discount buying CD's and Videos.

Listening to this also reminds me of my 2 identical 2 seater sofas. These were the first bits of furniture I ever chose, again a huge event in my life. I remember choosing the fabric in a furniture factory in Clacton. They cost a packet because they were hand made however I sold them to a mate in 2005 so they lasted me 13 years. You get what you pay for. He's still using them. My wife of now reckoned I'd been 'naughty' with other girls on them, so made me get rid. I did have a good time then.

The standout tracks on this album are 'Born to be Alive' and 'Time Capsule'. The album has been sampled by loads of other artists. There are loads of sounds and riffs that are still being used now. I do like this album, but I love 'Musical Pharmacy' his first album. I would have played this loads when trying to entertain girls with my bad Spag Boll or Spam Curry.

This album invokes a feeling of 'freedom' and of being, a very naughty boy...

Check it out, definitely worth a listen if you are in your late 30's, enjoy proper electronic music from a pioneer of Dance.





No comments:

Post a Comment