Tuesday 8 December 2009

Saturday Night by Whigfield

Who remembers Saturday Night by Whigfield? I heard it for the first time in ages on the Circuit Training PA last week.

It immediately took me back to my first holiday in the Costa del Coach trip in Spain with my girlfriend of the time. (no names will be given) First time abroad with a girlfriend and no grown ups!!!! Wayhey!!! Must have been early to mid 90's.

We were obviously quite young and skint. My girlfriend was looking to buy a 2nd bikini and we eventually found a stall in the town that sold White bikinis at half the price of the next cheapest shop. Obviously a deal was done.

The next day we went swimming in the hotel pool. My girlfriend got in for a swim in her new White bikini and when she got out of the water it dawned on us why it was so cheap! It went completely see thru went wet. I loved that bikini!

I had a Loaded magazine with me to read by the pool ( is that still being published?) and my girlfriend wore funny blocky high heels made from straw?? We drank beer and didn't smoke.

The Whigfield song was played every night at the disco and all day everywhere else. I ended up buying a cassette version of it on holiday. Ahh happy days!

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment