Monday 14 December 2009

Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen iphone ringtone creation with Garageband and then after!!!


Monday night without Flashforward is dull dull dull. Monday night WITH Flashforward is just plain dull but at least the wife and I can watch something we both want to watch. That's the problem with spending the best part of a months wages on a Sony HD big bugger that hangs from the living room wall. Neither of us wants to watch the little thing in the bedroom. ( no sniggering at the back please...)

I decided to fire-up the Macbook and create a ringtone from Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen. I have, for ages thought that it would be THE funniest thing for my iPhone to ring during a big pitch meeting at work and have the first 20 seconds of that intro playing.

'Ohhhhh, you gonna take me home tonight...Oh you gonna something something something...Ohhh you gonna blah blah....

Fat Bottom Girls You Make the Rocking World Go Round'

So, I did it, whacked it over to my iPhone and now I'm just waiting for someone to call me. I posted about this on twitter and ended up chatting to gashead and lucasblack. Both bloggers and both far better bloggers than me. I'm going to use Google Reader and 'follow' a few blogs I've come across over the past few months since I started blogging. Thanks for the advice chaps.

I got some inspiration and some confidence tonight from my twitter friends... Cheers guys.

Now, for Fat Bottomed Girls and Bicycle Race double AA side single.

I was given this single by my Uncle B in the very late 70's. I remember this because I had my own bedroom and wasn't sharing with my brother anymore which meant we had moved to the bigger house with the cellar. My Uncle was at University at the time and was like an older brother to me. I was about 7 or 8 and he was at least 18 or 19. He had a motorbike, long hair and a leather jacket. I remember having this one 7 inch single but not having a record player in my bedroom. I was obviously amazed with the sleeve but realised even at that age that if my mum saw it, I'd get told off. My dad had a music centre in the back living room so I devised a plan where I took the record out, put it in a comic and took it downstairs to play.

I've still got this record, ironically it's in my dad's stash of Vinyl. I spent years hiding it from him and then it ended up in his records. I think I may have swapped it for a Petula Clark when I finally left home.

My Uncle B finished his degree and then went on to have his own son. Whenever I see his son, how I wished it was me that gave him his first taste of Queen. I have always wanted to offer the same kind of support and 'enlightenment' to my Uncle B's son, my cousin. He's 15 now and could probably show me a thing or three...


No comments:

Post a Comment