Thursday 17 December 2009

Adam F 'Kaos' a forgotten classic hip hop album from 2001




This is precisely the reason why I started this musical memories blog. I pulled this CD out of my top shelf this morning, looked at it and had no idea about it. I thought hard and the only reason I think I have this CD was the fact it was probably an insurance replacement product from the time we had our house burgled in 2000.

We'd been out all day Sunday and then came home at 8pm mildly worse for wear to our front door swinging in the wind. We entered the house obviously shit scared about what we'd find. Luckily it was only a burglary and not a 'vandalise the house and nick stuff' burglary. I remember being a bit offended because they didn't steal my tv. The policeman said that the criminals would have only have been in the house a few minutes and would have only stolen small things. They stole a VHS player, a laptop and a took a pillow case off our bed to put CD's in. I was always very anal about my CD's being in alphabetical order and the thieves took a shelf load from Pet Shop Boys to ZZ Top.

I'll always remember what the policeman said to me about getting my CDs back. He suggested I went to Cash Convertors in town and buy them back. Twat!

I put this on my CD player in my office at home this morning. Wow!!! Unbelievable!!! It sounds like a sweary hip hop version of Guru 'Jazzamatazz'. I thought this and then read the booklet notes and discovered Guru features on one of the tracks. As does De La Soul, Redman, LL Cool J and Huggy Bear. This sounds powerful, cinematic, epic and needs to be respected and played on a proper hi-fi system. So I took it downstairs for a proper loud play.

This album really sounds like a film soundtrack, quality hip hop, you can hear where The Streets, Kanye West, Gorillaz, Jay Z have got some inspiration from. This album was released in 2001 and has been sitting in the A section of my CD collection since then and today was the first time I've had a proper listen to it.

There's nothing nice about being burgled, especially when they don't even take your telly. The only upside to it was the insurance company trying to replace the list of music. I'm racking my brains for a reason why Adam F was sent to me, it must have been a 'near' replacement. I've got a few more of these in my collection and I look forward to finding them.



No comments:

Post a Comment