Wednesday 1 July 2009

Running the 2010 Virgin London Marathon



I've started my training for the Virgin London Marathon 2010 properly now. I published an earlier blog about receiving a call from Karl at Well Child that I had succeeded in obtaining a place in the Marathon. I was so surprised and really pleased that I got a place. I'm chuffed that I am able to raise some money for such a worthwhile charity and get the opportunity to run the Marathon. I've been a runner on and off for about 5 years and run to keep fit and cleanse the mind. My work involves no physical expenditure apart from tapping on a laptop, speaking on a phone, tinkering with spreadsheets and the odd bit of client entertaining. Sometimes I might have to drive somewhere or run to catch a train.

As I've got a little older I've thought that if I never exercise I might become really really fat and unhealthy. So now, with a goal to aim for I'm training hard and am absolutely looking forward to running 26 and a bit miles around London.

I'm running 3 times a week at the moment and going circuit training once a week. My runs are each 6 miles long so logging 18 miles a week as of the time of writing this post. I'll be updating this blog on a regular basis with my training antics and hope that you will all encourage me to crack on with it.

One thing that has really helped with the training is my iPhone and an app called Run Keeper. The app is able to GPS my run and show me a map and my timing splits.

I'm feeling fit and healthy at the moment, eating whatever I like and I'm not sure actually having to run 26 and a bit miles for real on April 25th 2010 has set in yet. Wish me luck...

www.wellchild.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment