Friday 3 July 2009

#bigfanfriday and why


I started #bigfanfriday a few months ago when I was still fairly new to twitter and found the whole #followfriday thing on Fridays far too spammy and impersonal. Some of the tweets I read from my feed also indicated to me that others felt the same. I just started to just give #bigfanfriday shouts out to just 2 or 3 of my favorite tweeters from that week. It's been a slow starter but is still being used every Friday. Sure, it isn't as big as #followfriday however the if everyone who gets a shout also gives a shout it would slowly gain popularity.


Here's how I see my little #bigfanfriday shout outs working.


Type the hash #bigfanfriday and write a few words in the tweet about why they are worthy of your follow. Just do as many as you feel deserve a #bigfanfriday shout out.


Example.


#bigfanfriday shout out to @essexgourmet. She produced my GOLD profile pic and I love it!! I am the C3P0 of twitter. She's worth your follow


or


@YvetteObeney #bigfanfriday shout to Yvette. Always there and happy as larry. Great fun and always replies. I am a big fan


#bigfanfriday is not about quantity, it's about QUALITY.


WHO ARE YOU A BIG FAN OF AND WHY?


No comments:

Post a Comment