Wednesday 17 February 2010

Foursquare Application actually helped us out today







I've been using the foursquare app on the iPhone now for a couple of weeks and have managed to gain a couple of badges. I was never too sure what the wider use of the app would be for me but I decided to give it a go anyhow.

I remember I felt the same about Twitter when I first joined over a year ago but I'm glad I stuck with it because I have found some amazing people also using the service. I'm sure you all know who you are.

In short foursquare is a gps based app where you can 'check in' to locations and earn points. You can see who else has checked in and also see 'tips' that have been left. So far I have been quite local and been to Nero's coffee shops and checked into a few locations where I've had business meetings. I've been earning points and points





make badges in this game.

Today I was looking at the longest queue in the world outside the Natural History Museum in London and was wondering what to do. The only other time I have ever seen a queue that long was in the early 80's at the Epcot Centre, Florida waiting to get on the Planet Earth ride. The one that looks like a golf ball.

Wondering what to do I decided I may as well 'check in' at the Natural History Museum on the Foursquare app and see what and who was about. I quickly read all the tips linked to the location and found a really interesting one that said to 'use the 2nd entrance on Exhibition Road if the queues on Cromwell Road were too long.'

So instead of leaving and heading up to Harrods or the V and A we walked to the side entrance and did indeed get in very quickly. Top marks to Foursquare and the user tips.







One of the door staff told me as we had our bags checked that the main queue was over 3 hours long!!!

I'm listening to cartoon birds singing on a kids programme called Third and Bird as I write this. This is the only music I have heard all day.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment