Monday 16 November 2009

My email to Carphone Warehouse about non refund of iphone case

I've pasted a copy of the email I sent to Car Phone Warehouse this morning. Here's the background.

I was sold a Griffin Élan Leather Backed case with my iphone in Feb 2009. In the excitement of the purchase the sales guy at CPW Bishopsgate London realised I was weak with euphoria and moved in to close me down on a £19.99 case. I had already turned the rip off insurance down so he then 'sold' me the case. I didn't really want it at the time but no worries. I never used the case until a couple of months ago.

I have noticed that the leather 'slides' off the case when the phone gets warm. i.e. in pocket of jeans or during call. Not ideal so I decided to get a refund. The case, as far as I could see is 'not fit for purpose'. The fella in Colchester said that CPW do not give refund on accessories and that I should know this? He did not offer me any solution to the problem apart from the same response to all my questions.

'Car Phone Warehouse do not give refunds on accessories, my manager is not here and you need to go back to Bishopsgate in London and speak to their manager' He said this about 5 times.

I must admit the red mist did rise and as I walked out of the packed shop I did shout 'Car Phone Warehouse do not give refunds on accessories so please don't buy any from here. you'll get better service on ebay!'

Now I'm sure that this can't be the case. My product is faulty and I'd like either one that works or my money back. I was fuming, but only for a while. They have a twitter account @cpwcares and I have emailed their complaints department. email below. I'll post up responses and progress here. Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated from the readers.


sent to CPW customer complaints 9.00am Monday 16th November 2009

Morning. I was sold a case with my iphone in Feb and have not used it until the last couple of months. It's a Leather backed Griffin Elan. The problem with it is that when it gets warm in my pocket or I hold it to my ear and gets warm during a call the leather becomes unstuck and slips about and comes off in my hand. I went into the local CPW to ask for a refund or replacement and the Sunday staff said that CPW didn't do refunds on accessories and that I should know this. In fact the 2 guys I spoke to actually admitted that they had seen the same fault on their own Elan cases! There is obviously a fault with the case and one of your staff admitted it was a rubbish case. If I knew that CarPhone Warehouse didn't refund on accessories I wouldn't have bought it from you. I find this incredible and surely it's illegal. How do I get my money back please, or get a replacement product. Both your Colchester branches were unable to help me The product is obviously faulty and not fit for purpose, can you let me know how to get my money back or get this product replaced with something else. Look forward to your comments

No comments:

Post a Comment