Wednesday 21 October 2009

Robbie Williams denies he was high during X Factor performance


Robbie Williams didn't exactly wow with his wobbly comeback on the X Factor the other week.

But the pop hero has hit back at suggestions he was as high as Dannii's hairdo during his live rendition of new single Bodies - blaming nerves and too much caffeine in the ITV canteen.

Robbie, who plays the BBC Electric Proms tonight says: "People are alluding to the fact that I may have been high on something but I can only say I wasn't - because I wasn't. Unless someone spiked my drink and I would have noticed. I know what various drugs feel like.

"It's the same as the deer in headlights, the deer's not on anything other than fear. I'd had a few coffees before I went on, that's all."

Even so, his X Factor performance has knocked gobby Robbie's confidence. He says: "The veil is finally falling. I'm always nervous, but in the past I've been able to look cocksure through the nerves. I'm not sure if I'm able to mask it any more.

"I got on there and had a bit of a wobble. It was overwhelming, the love in the room was palpable, but I didn't know what to do with my arms.

"I didn't feel like the seasoned pro I am. It felt a bit alien. I maybe should've done a few other shows before the big one."

No comments:

Post a Comment